Maersk is looking for the best Senior Buyer to join our procurement team in Guayaquil, Ecuador.
We offer you an exciting global career at the forefront of world trade.
Working with the best people in a global team culture with future growth opportunities in an industry that has a significant impact on the world economy
We’re proud of our people who define our company’s industry leadership, global team culture and customer-centric focus every day.
When you join our team you join a truly diverse, global organization in a fast-moving, values-based, work environment where you can grow on the job, create and shape our digital solutions, tap into industry-
leading talent development initiatives, enjoy working with your colleagues and broaden your world view through our international job postings.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits for full-time employees including health, dental and vision insurance, a 401k savings plan with an employer match and paid time-
off and our parental leave policy is recognized world-wide as one of the best in the industry.
Every company, every country wants access to a competitive shipping, logistics and port system and our people have created one company that offers one, easy-
to-use solution to all their shipping needs.
Maersk is unique
Maersk is uniquely positioned to play a significant role in global trade, creating opportunities that help countries, companies and people succeed.
Our vision is simple : Maersk is the global integrator of container logistics, connecting and simplifying our customers’ global supply chains.
and through our port operator, APM Terminals, one of the largest container terminal operators in the world with the most strategic locations to serve global supply chains.
Join us and play an important role on our team lifting global trade every day!
Purchasing of all inventory, supplies and capital goods for the company including negotiating price, delivery and credit terms.
Evaluates vendors according Corporate compliance policies and determines most cost-effective in all purchases. To ensure that adequate controls are in place by achieving transparency in procurement policies.
A key role is to advise senior management on effective strategies for purchasing materials and supplies and procurement procedures and reporting systems.
1. Responsible for efficient purchasing of inventory, supplies and capital equipment for the company. Receives purchase requisitions and verifies for accuracy and authorization(s).
2. Responsible for tender’s procedures, receiving bids, coordinates for committees; evaluating, assessing and selecting bidders based on capabilities and written criteria.
3. Promote a saving plan program according regional targets (Take cost out)
4. Establishes and executes procedures for procurement policy in conjunction with GPRO and Finance.
maintains accurate purchasing records.
6. Responsible for evaluating, assessing and selecting vendors based on capabilities, performance and consistent quality assurance.
Maintains rapport and good working relationships with vendors; keeps accurate vendor records.
7. Determine most economical purchasing of inventory and supplies in relationship to company's cost of capital. Prepares monthly reports and reviews forecast of purchasing commitments.
8. Expedites purchase orders as necessary and ensures delivery of purchased items for uninterrupted manufacturing flow.
9. Performs other purchasing or inventory control duties as necessary or as requested.
10. Prepare contracts in collaboration with Company’s legal counsel according APT global policies related
11. Administrate, coordinate and cooperatively work with other departments, to resolve all issues relevant to the suppliers and vendors.
12. Analyse and strive to maintain up-to-date knowledge of market trends, pricing, availability, and capacity, technology and supplier capability relative to the product or parts assigned.
13. Assist subordinates in actively resisting any supplier request for price increase requiring the supplier to provide adequate documentation and justification to support such requests.
14. Supports storekeeping functions from both a central & technical department perspective
15. Supervises the daily requisitions from end user and checks the status of item requested.
16. Ensures that adequate reposition of stocks of key operative components to ensure there is no downtime in operational activity due to lack of stock / spares
17. The position is primarily expected to deliver by following specific company policies in the management of procurement activities while setting objectives for subordinated positions.
The position is expected to deliver results in a timely manner as non-delivery has a direct impact on the terminals ability to function
18. The position has a direct impact on primarily the operational & financial aspects of the terminal & is therefore complex in nature.
We are looking for