About the Digital Marketing Specialist Position
The Digital Analytics Specialist will be tasked with becoming the trusted advisor for our clients, which requires having deep knowledge and understanding of all aspects of digital marketing, particularly with regard to data, web analytics, tag management, and search engine optimization (SEO). In this role, you will need to understand digital analytics (i.e. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, WebTrends, etc.), implement required tracking via tag management (i.e. Google Tag Manager, Tealium, ADM, etc.), and understand data collection and consolidation practices to tell a story with data. You should know how to determine if a platform is performing properly to collect user data, how to analyze the information, how to extrapolate the information, how to present the information, and how to connect all the pieces of a story for better optimization moving forward.
You will support Verndale’s Analytics, Tag Management, Search Engine Optimization, and Experimentation offerings. You must be comfortable and capable of both planning digital marketing programs and executing them, as well as utilizing a variety of marketing technology tools to support and analyze those efforts.
- Consult with internal teams and clients to develop and execute digital marketing strategies that align with their business goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement personalization scenarios within multiple content management systems (mainly Sitecore and Episerver).
- Implement tracking via tag management systems defined by internal teams and our clients.
- Understand A/B and multivariate testing and how it can be applied to design/UX decisions.
- Develop a system for tracking results and delivering consistent reporting, as well as identifying weak spots early (provided we have a sufficient sample size).
- Understand processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Complete ad-hoc data analysis and present results in a clear manner.
- Create automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance.
- Work with engineering teams to implement and customize digital marketing platforms according to client needs.
- Conduct audits and regular analysis related to SEO, content, analytics, and other agreed-upon aspects with our clients.
- Understand onsite, technical, and offsite SEO best practices (as well as tracking systems).
- 5-8 years of experience in technical marketing platforms (i.e. marketing automation, SEO tool/platforms, social media marketing, pay-per-click advertising, CRM, business intelligence, tag management platforms such as Google Tag Manager, Tealium, Omniture, etc.)
- 3-5 years’ experience in tag management (i.e. GTM, DTM, Tealium, etc), web analytics (Google Analytics, Adobe, ClickDimensions, etc.), and technical SEO
- Strong technical acumen and excellent communication and presentation skills
- Data-oriented personality
- A/B testing experience and exposure with tools such as VWO, Optimizely, or Google Optimize is a plus
- Paid search or marketing automation experience is a plus
- Personalization planning and implementation experience is a plus
- Dashboard development experience with tools such as DataStudio, Power BI, Tableau, etc is a plus
- Experience with marketing automation systems such as Marketo and Eloqua is a plus
- Familiarity with content management systems such as Sitecore, Episerver, Sitefinity, etc is a plus
- Experience using query languages such as SQL or R is a plus
- University/college degree or relevant experience
Ten great reasons to work for Verndale
- We are a rapidly growing company that is just as scrappy and entrepreneurial today as when we were founded in 1998.
- We are relentlessly curious, and enthusiastically solve our client’s complicated business problems through technology, data, and design.
- We foster a culture that enables every person in the organization to do the best work of their career.
- We offer regular training and professional development to move careers forward.
- Client and employee satisfaction are our two most important business metrics.
- We celebrate and champion diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- We offer generous paid company holidays, vacation, and paid sick time to every employee starting on day one.
- We offer top-of-the-line Health Insurance, plus monthly perks customized to meet individual employees’ needs.
- We support a healthy work/life balance.
- We are fully remote enabled and embrace the evolving definition of the workplace.
Verndale is an independent customer experience agency with decades of proven success enabling business momentum through technology and design. We move companies forward. And careers forward. We put success in motion and are rabidly focused on connecting the dots of the customer journey back to your bottom line because for us, a satisfied client is the best business strategy of all.
Learn more at www.verndale.com
Compensation & Benefits
Verndale is proud of the fun, diverse, and respectful company environment we enjoy on a daily basis. Competitive compensation, company paid holidays and personal time off make having a work-life balance possible. For some roles working from home on an as-needed basis is a definite possibility; we believe in hiring the best and keeping our own happy and motivated.
Powered by JazzHR