NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking 1 qualified, U.S. citizen Farmer-to-Farmer volunteer for the position of Cooperative Leadership Developer to support the Ministry of Agriculture based in Quito, Ecuador.
The Ecuadorian Ministry of Agriculture recently received training on the importance and efficacy of Modern Cooperatives and Associations. The volunteer for this assignment will commit to follow-on work as determined essential from the previous training. Many of the participants, leaders of their own cooperatives, expressed the need for further knowledge on being strong and effective leaders of cooperatives. By the end of this assignment participants will know and understand:
- The importance of promoting modern cooperativism to help producer organizations thrive and be sustainable.
- The differences between associations and cooperatives,
- Methods for generating farmer investment in their organizations,
- How revolving capital funds work,
- The development of Capitalization Plans and their Rules,
- Ways to allocate and distribute (or capitalize) net margins (profits),
- The importance of transparency and communications with members, and how to raise consciousness among farmers.
Duration: 3 weeks in December
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- The volunteer will carry out a comprehensive training in Modern Cooperativism and its importance for agricultural development, association strengthening, and other related sectors.
- Deliver training on effective leadership for cooperatives
- Volunteer will give guidance for cooperative promotion in Ecuador and ways to address this issue within the producer organization’s activities.
- Experience in associativity, cooperative enterprise, governance, agricultural development, and modern cooperative fundamentals.
- Available for virtual communications with Host Organization, Staff and Co-volunteer
- US candidate must be legally able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Advanced Spanish language skills; reading, writing, speaking.
All application materials must be submitted in English.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.