About the .NET Technical Architect
The .NET Technical Architect is in charge of our project build phase, executing on the technical vision laid out for the project, and is relied upon for many of the concrete technical aspects of projects. The Technical Architect will likely be focused on 1-2 projects at most, and coding between 20 - 50% of the time, depending on the size and skill level of the engineering team. Not only is the Technical Architect a title for a person, but also a role on a project. Each project will only have one person 'playing' the technical architect role at a time, and if there are more than one person with the Technical Architect title on a project, which is entirely possible and sometimes common, the other Architects will be acting more as developers.
The overarching responsibilities of the Technical Arch on a project is to collaborate with the Technical Director for his/her team and consult on the vision for a project, create concrete and actionable architecture, and lead a team to execute on it. Additionally, he/she should have experience implementing various integrations, estimating ballpark/high level requirements, understanding security and performance requirements, and juggling priorities. Acceptance that budget and timeline management is a shared responsibility with other project leaders is a must.
- Content Architecture
- Other Technical Architecture
- Unblock Team
- Collaborate with Front-End, QA and other cross-functional team members
- Engineering Task Breakdown
- Review Specifications for Engineering Feasibility and Suggest Alternatives
- Review Designs for Engineering Feasibility and Suggest Alternatives
- Review Prototypes for Engineering Feasibility and Suggest Alternatives
- Engineering Oversight
- Engineering Mentorship
- Engineering Code Review
- Feature Development
- Proof of Concepts
- Technical Documentation
- Answer Engineering Questions from Team
- Answer Engineering Questions from Client
- Participate in Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning, and Sprint Retrospectives
- Demo Completed Work to Client
- Understand Project Scope, Budget and Keep Team on Target
- Calculate Team Velocity
- Maintain Accountability and Ownership of Technical Decisions
- Cite Project Risks and Mitigation Plans
- Delegate Work to your Team in the Most Efficient and Effective way Possible
- Take ownership of projects
- Maintain Visibility on Project Status
- Client Communication
- Maintain Understanding of Team Bandwidth Now and in the Future
- Maintain Understanding of, and Execute on Client and Business Priorities (from pre-sale through deployment)
- Stay on Top of the Latest Technologies in Eng
- Experience with content management systems, especially Sitecore or Optimizely
- CMS Platform certified is a plus
- Experience in long project engagements (6+ months)
- Experience with small and large teams
- Experience working with cross functional team PMs, BAs, QA, FE
- Experience with remote teams, and varying time zones is a plus
- Strategy/discovery experience
- Comfortable working directly with clients and providing demonstrations
- Estimation, both Ballpark and Task-level
- Scope management
- Code reviews
- Integration work
- Understanding of SEO best practices within code
- Understanding of web application security best practices
- Understanding of search engine friendly markup
- Experience with key application development tools such as
- Automated Testing Platforms
- Code Generation
- Automated build, deployment and Continuous Integration such as Team City and Octopus
- Code Review Platforms
- Experience with Mobile specific sites and Mobile applications as well as standard web-based implementations is a plus
Ten Great Reasons to Work at Verndale
- We are a rapidly growing company that is just as scrappy and entrepreneurial today as when we were founded in 1998.
- We are relentlessly curious, and enthusiastically solve our client’s complicated business problems through technology, data, and design.
- We foster a culture that enables every person in the organization to do the best work of their career.
- We offer regular training and professional development to move careers forward.
- Client and employee satisfaction are our two most important business metrics.
- We celebrate and champion diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- We offer generous paid company holidays, vacation, and paid sick time to every employee starting on day one.
- We offer top-of-the-line Health Insurance, plus monthly perks customized to meet individual employees’ needs.
- We support a healthy work/life balance.
- We are fully remote enabled and embrace the evolving definition of the workplace.
Verndale is a customer experience agency, purpose-built to help marketing and technology leaders connect the dots of the consumer journey. From our offices in Boston, Los Angeles, Minneapolis and Quito, we design and build digital experiences, and enable marketing technologies that bring brands and their customers together.
We know that in order to go great work, you have to make work great. Verndale is committed to always being a company that celebrates diversity, equality and inclusion. We strive to recruit and retain people who are committed to creating the climate of respect that is essential for individual and company success. Verndale's services are built around a core methodology that encompasses Growth Strategy, Experience Design, Technology Enablement, and Experience Optimization.Learn more at www.verndale.com
Compensation & Benefits
Verndale is proud of the fun, diverse, and respectful company environment we enjoy on a daily basis. Competitive compensation and comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability and a 401(k) savings plan are offered to all full-time employees. Ample company paid holidays and personal time off make having a work-life balance possible. For some roles, remote work is a definite possibility; we believe in hiring the best and keeping our own happy and motivated.Verndale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Powered by JazzHR