About the Front End Engineer Position
- Be capable of taking on any size and complexity of Front End project.
- Be able to deliver the Front End portion of projects on time and on budget.
- Evaluate frameworks, technologies and tools and determine their relevance to a particular project or the wider department.
- Work closely with team members from various departments.
- Be able to manage multiple projects and responsibilities in a fast paced environment.
- Work closely with the Front End Architect to understand project needs and learn new development technologies.
- Collaborate with back end engineers to ensure seamless integration of components.
- Identify and raise potential project risks to the team and help to alleviate those risks.
- Strong command of web standards, responsive design, accessibility, and cross-browser compatibility.
- Experience with Git
- Experience developing large web sites and web applications.
- Experience with es6, es7, babel, webpack, gulp
- Attention to detail. Be able to replicate provided designs and meet all functional requirements of the project.
- Strong collaboration skills and desire to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and listening)
- Good judgment, strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, and a finely tuned balance of technical purity and pragmatism.
- Knowledge of common code design patterns, design principles and industry best practices.
- Agency experience
- Remain up to date with industry trends and technologies and be able to apply this knowledge to project work.
- Sitecore or other enterprise CMS experience a plus.
Ten great reasons to work for Verndale
- Rapid growth company of 22 years maintaining start-up company feel
- Laser focus on cutting-edge technology and killer service offerings to clients
- Internal promotions that are frequent and do not take years to achieve
- Collaborative, open, work environment and no formal dress code
- Beautiful new building in Quito; easily accessible to public transportation
- Open door policy and strong manager/employee communication
- Free lunch Fridays and free beer at 3:30pm
- Twelve company paid holidays and 3 weeks paid vacation at date of hire
- Private Health Insurance
- Fitness Club in the building that includes: gym, squash court, steam room, sauna and spa.
Verndale is an independent customer experience agency with decades of proven success enabling business momentum through technology and design. We move companies forward. And careers forward. We put success in motion and are rabidly focused on connecting the dots of the customer journey back to your bottom line because for us, a satisfied client is the best business strategy of all.
Learn more at www.verndale.com
Compensation & Benefits
Verndale is proud of the fun, diverse, and respectful company environment we enjoy on a daily basis. Competitive compensation, company paid holidays and personal time off make having a work-life balance possible. For some roles working from home on an as-needed basis is a definite possibility; we believe in hiring the best and keeping our own happy and motivated.
Powered by JazzHR