- Works as member of Asterisk development team at Sangoma.
- Participates in a Agile/Scrum based software development environment.
- Implements software in accordance with engineering management directives.
- Participates in the Asterisk open source project in conjunction with a community that provides feedback anddirection.
- Other duties as assigned by engineering management.
- 4 year degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience desired. Strong experience desired with C, gcc.
- Solid experience in C based multithreaded application development and debugging in a Linux environment based on pthreads and locking primitives.
- Comfortable with gdb and debugging problems associated with real time, multithreaded applications.
- Basic knowledge of git and git based development workflows.
- Experience with unit testing and functional testing of C based applications desired but not required. Experience with Asterisk C development of core or modules desired but not required.
- Additional experience desired: GNU Make, Autoconf, Automake, SIP, RTP, VoIP, realtime linux application development.
- Experience with Python, Atlassian tools (JIRA and Confluence), Gerrit, Jenkins would be helpful. Experience with common linux C development tools such as valgrind and gprof would be helpful.
- The candidate will need to be capable of quick and efficient self-study supported by peers on the Asterisk team at Sangoma.
- Strong verbal and written English language skills are essential
Sangoma Technologies Corporation develops, manufactures, distributes, and supports voice and data connectivity components worldwide. The company also provides fax-over-IP services and SIPStation FreePBX SIP trunks; private branch exchange (PBX) platforms, including FreePBX and PBXact; contact center solutions, including Lyra answering machine detection. Sangoma is a Canadian public traded company founded in 1984 and is its Corporate Office is in Markham, Ontario and subsidiaries in the U.S.A., India and the U.K.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice:
Powered by JazzHR