About the Project Coordinator Position
The Project Coordinator is responsible for assisting Verndale Project Managers with managing and conducting the activities of project team to ensure the timely completion of projects. He or she must familiarize themselves with scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member to effectively and successfully help Project Managers coordinate the activities of the team. Under direct supervision of Project Managers, the Project Coordinator will work with information architects, business analysts, web designers, developers, consultants, marketing, and sales to facilitate projects from start to finish.
The Project Coordinator will also have direct client contact, and assist in the management and prioritization of project requests from clients. Verndale’s aggressive growth projections are dependent on a talented, motivated, personable, and innovative staff. If successful and interested, the Project Coordinator may enter directly into the Project Management career track.
- Assist Project Managers (as well as handle your own responsibilities) with monitoring, recording, and maintaining critical project documentation across multiple projects and throughout project life cycles. Project documentation includes: project status reports, meeting agendas, meeting notes, project schedules, and change orders.
- Track progress of projects, participating in the identification of and follow up on action items, issues, as well as changes to project scope.
- With Project Managers’ guidance and oversight, provide work direction for assigned projects, including assignment of work and follow up on the status of requests and tasks.
- Act as liaison between Verndale internal teams, as well as between Verndale and clients, ensuring distribution of appropriate communications to project stakeholders.
- Assist Project Managers as needed with project-related activities, including scheduling and coordinating meetings and presentations, preparing presentation materials as necessary.
- Facilitate and run daily standup meetings (SCRUMs) as well as other deliverable planning and handoff meetings.
- Responsible for making sure cross functional project teams are working through their daily tasks, on time and on budget.
- Bachelor Degree in related field or specialized training with 2+ years of equivalent work experience, preferably in IT/software
- Exceptional organizational and English Speaking communication skills, with the ability to cultivate relationships with clients
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to gather and analyze information; also, must be able to summarize high level ideas
- Must be flexible and comfortable with the changing demands of a rapidly-growing and fast-moving company
- Experience in SDLC methodologies, Agile/SCRUM
- Experience using Project Management Tools like Jira, Confluence, TFS, Smartsheet, Microsoft Project
Ten great reasons to work for Verndale
1. Rapid growth company of 21 years maintaining start-up company feel
2. Laser focus on cutting-edge technology and killer service offerings to clients
3. Internal promotions that are frequent and do not take years to achieve
4. Collaborative, open, work environment and no formal dress code
5. Beautiful new building in Quito with private parking and easily accessible to public transportation
6. Company that values collaboration and communication
7. Free lunch Fridays at noon and drinks at 3:30 pm
8. Dog friendly office – woof!
9. Flexible schedule options to support work/life integration
10. Thirteen company paid holidays, 3 weeks paid vacation and 5 paid sick days at date of hire
Verndale is a customer experience agency, purpose-built to help marketing and technology leaders connect the dots of the consumer journey. From our offices in Boston, Minneapolis, Los Angeles and Quito, we design and build digital experiences, and enable marketing technologies that bring brands and their customers closer together.
We know that in order to do great work, you have to make work great. Verndale is committed to always being a company that celebrates diversity, equality and inclusion. We strive to recruit and retain people who are committed to creating the climate of respect that is essential for individual and company success.
Verndale’s services are built around a core methodology that encompasses Growth Strategy, Experience Design, Technology Enablement, and Experience Optimization.
Learn more at www.verndale.com
Compensation & Benefits
Verndale is proud of the fun, diverse, and respectful company environment we enjoy on a daily basis. Competitive compensation, company paid holidays and personal time off make having a work-life balance possible. For some roles working from home on an as-needed basis is a definite possibility; we believe in hiring the best and keeping our own happy and motivated.
Powered by JazzHR