NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking 1 qualified U.S. Farmer-to-Farmer volunteer candidate for the position of Finance Trainer to support Consorcio Cacaotero de Napo, based in Napo, Ecuador. Consorcio Cacaotero de Napo is a civil society organization whose representatives also serve as leaders at other cacao producing associations. It was established in 2015 with representatives from Tsatsayaku, Wiñak, and Kallari associations.
In order to achieve the organization’s objectives, members need to understand basic finances. Good financial management makes an organization accountable to their partners and members thus enhancing the associations’ credibility and image. Associations should maintain a proper finance system and keep track of their expenditures to submit reports for members and tax purposes. The Board of Directors has recognized that these representatives, though they are leaders in their respective associations, do not have financial management skills. Knowledge of the key concepts of financial management should equip members and representatives to make productive decisions concerning operations and resource allocation. By having well defined financial plans and policies the associations also earn a good reputation within their communities.
Duration: November- January 2021, 2 weeks
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- In collaboration with leaders, analyze standard financial management practices currently used by the associations
- Provide trainings on; basic accounting, budget, cash flow, balance and income statements, forecasting, etc.
- BA in Accounting, Finance and/or a related subject
- Experience in financial management systems and budgetary accounting experience to prepare and conduct client training
- Strong communication, training, and documentation development skills
- Available for virtual communications with Host Organization and Staff
- US candidate must be legally able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Advanced English language skills; reading, writing, speaking.
All application materials must be submitted in English.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.